Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Word and Image

So here's the last couple assignments I worked on for my Word and Image class, pretty excited about the both of them!

The most recent one I finished was a two-page spread of a mock ABC book. We had to come up with a concept for the ABC book then think of 5 different spreads and finish one. I decided to do the ABCs of Sea Creatures. And here's my finish!

10.5"x16.5" Digital Media

And the other assignment I had was to redesign the cover of an existing book, preferably a book with a non-desirable cover. I picked up the Grimm's Fairy Tales book from the library that had a cover and illustrations drawn by young children with crayons, so I thought I'd give this one a shot. I got a lot of feedback after doing happy fairy tale images, to go darker since the Grimm's Fairy Tales were not all so innocent. This was my outcome.

9.5"x13.5" Watercolor and Digital

1 comment: