Monday, January 24, 2011

Squirrely boy

Squirrel. 11"x14". Watercolor.

This is a watercolor painting I made for my boyfriend, Dave. It's a little inside story behind our love for squirrels. So this is a squirrely eating a peachy! This is one of the verrry few paintings I've done with watercolor. It's still a very new medium to me, that I've been experimenting with in hopes that someday I can actually be decent with them. It was fun to do, a little frustrating at times because watercolor can be so unforgiving. But I think he came out purty cute, haha.

Here's a closer look at the detail in his face.

-Maegan

2 comments:

  1. So nicely done. I saw your post at They Drawn and Cook and came here, your art is so fun to look at..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for checking my work out! I'm glad you like it :]

    ReplyDelete