Monday, July 11, 2011

Degree Project

So the first half of degree project is mainly research and developing ideas. Our goal for the class was to have two finished pieces by the end of the semester. Mine were very experimental - working with different materials and new techniques. The first image is my glasswork piece. This piece was done by silk screening the image of the woman onto two pieces of sheet glass then fusing them together in the kiln, one on top of the other. The result was better than I had expected and got amazing feedback from my classmates. This is a technique I would enjoy using for future projects.

This second painting was kind of an idea thought up between me and the help of my professor. We thought it would be interesting to make a painting with 3D elements, always something I wanted to do, but never pushed myself to do. I made half the dog skull from wire, paper mache, and masking tape. The marigold flowers are made from tissue paper and the red banner is construction paper that I hand cut. Another successful experiment in my eyes. "The Dog Altar"


And to throw these in, these are the last two of my glass projects. My last glassblown piece was a little shot glass with a sweet handle. I also made a sandblasted skull. Sandblasting was a really fun experience, totally new and totally different result.

No comments:

Post a Comment